We’re happy to announce the release of the BlackBerry Native Plug-in for Microsoft Visual Studio (version 3.0 Gold).
There are many benefits to open-source code and one of them is contributions from the community. We’re very happy that Paweł Hofman has made many improvements which are included in this latest release. We’ll have a feature blog on Paweł later this week.
In this latest release of the BlackBerry Native Plug-in for Microsoft Visual Studio (version 3.0 Gold) there are many updates which improve usability. The plug-in is only compatible with Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 as Microsoft Visual Studio 2012/2010 are no longer supported. The following highlights the updates to the Plug-in:
- Rewrote the GDB parser from C++ into C#
- Updated the UI to facilitate:
- Managing targets
- Managing API Levels
- Registering code signing keys
- Requesting debug tokens
- Added new UI features for managing:
- General settings
- Added a new menu structure on the BlackBerry tab
- Integrated the BlackBerry menu into Microsoft Visual Studio Options dialog box
- Added a new project template for creating BlackBerry project types
- Increased stability and efficiency.
- Updated the MSBuild process
- Added a Target Navigator to show command-line and environment variables for processes
- Fixed numerous bugs
Learn more about all these features and download the BlackBerry Native Plug-in for Microsoft Visual Studio from our website.