BlackBerry Enterprise Service 12.5 (BES12.5 is a service pack (SP) update for BES12. Here are a few key new items Enterprise developers will want to check out.
The following new APIs were added:
- setUsersCustomVariables – This API allows for adding, updating, and deleting custom variables for a list of users. For more information about the custom variables that can be set, in particular the “name” field which is used to identify custom variables in requests of this API, use the getVariableDefinitions API (in particular, see the “customVariableDefinitions” field in that API’s response).
- getVariableDefinitions – This API allows for getting lists of information about variable definitions in the system. Note that this API only returns custom variable information.
The following new classes were added:
- CustomVariableDefinition – Contains the definition of a custom variable.
- DeviceWorkSpaceState – Contains the state of the device work space.
- GetVariableDefinitionsRequest – Contains data that is used in a request to get variable definitions.
- GetVariableDefinitionsResponse – Contains the results for a request to get variable definitions.
- SetUsersCustomVariablesRequest – Contains data that is used in a request to set or clear a list of custom variables for one or more users.
- SetUsersCustomVariablesResponse – Contains the overall return status of a request to set or clear a list of custom variables for one or more users, and lists the response for each user.
New activation types
The “USER_PRIVACY_AFW_PREMIUM” activation type was added to the following class:
The BlackBerry Web Services “USER_PRIVACY_AFW_PREMIUM” activation type maps to the “Work and personal – user privacy (Android for Work – Premium)” activation type in the management console.
The “WORK_SPACE_ONLY_AFW_PREMIUM” device activation type was added to the following class:
The BlackBerry Web Services “WORK_SPACE_ONLY_AFW_PREMIUM” activation type maps to the “Work space only (Android for Work – Premium)” activation type in the management console.
For a full list of what’s new in BES12.5, check out the “Overview and Whats New” document here.