Today we’re excited to announce that our friends over at Apress have just published their new book, Learn BlackBerry 10 App Development: A Cascades-Driven Approach. This handy, offline resource will help you learn how to build a native BlackBerry 10 app from the ground up.
More specifically, this book will show you how to:
- Design and create native BlackBerry 10 apps using the declarative expressiveness of QML
- Work with core BlackBerry 10 UI components and controls
- Use C++ and Qt efficiently with Cascades
- Utilize the BlackBerry Momentics IDE to launch and debug your app
- Apply fundamental aspects and best practices of BlackBerry 10 app design
- Use HTTP networking to leverage remote services
- Integrate your app with BlackBerry 10 core apps, such as Contacts and Calendar
- Send email and short text messages from your app
- Use your device’s camera and sensors such as the accelerometer and gyroscope
Where/how/when can I get the book?
Beginning tomorrow, March 25*, you’ll be able to download a free copy of the eBook at Apress, Amazon, and Springer. Barnes & Noble will also be offering the eBook free beginning on March 31. You read that correctly, the eBook is 100% free!
The eBook will also be available on Safari Books Online, Google Play Books, Books 24×7, and Apple’s iTunes Bookstore shortly. We’ll add updates in the comments section of this blog post once the book becomes available in these additional channels.
*Please note an earlier version of this post incorrectly noted that the eBook would be available for download on March 24.