Guest post by Trevor Graham.
Our fearless BlackBerry technical writing team has been hard at work over the last couple of months filling our fabulous new microsites with documentation, APIs, tutorials, and samples that make developing with the newly released BlackBerry 10.2 Gold SDK on your favorite platform a breeze.
Here are just a few of the update highlights:
- Our BlackBerry 10 Adobe AIR site now features commenting, so drop us a note and pick up tips from your fellow developers.
- The HTML5 docs have been completely reworked and split into three different sites, helping you find Black Berry OS , BlackBerry PlayBook and BlackBerry 10 content more easily.
- The BlackBerry 10 UI Guidelines can help you add that extra bit of zip and polish to the design of your apps by showing you how to Create Icons for Different Screen Sizes, introducing you to our New-look Components for BlackBerry 10.2, and providing you with an Updated Set of In-app Icons . There are even updated Earconography Sound Samples available . You’re welcome!
- We’ve got new APIs coming out of every interface over at the Core Native site. Check out Geofencing, Identity Service, Peripheral Discovery and VPN Extensions.
- Tutorials don’t get any more boss than our new guide to Gamepad Support, but Headless Apps comes close.
- It can be tough to figure out how to get started, so we created a handy guide to Building a Cascades App from the Ground Up.
- New topics on the Cascades site help you get a handle on building that signature BlackBerry 10 experience. Visit our new Core Controls section, how to Make Your App Accessible, Integrating Analytics into Your App, Creating Headless Apps, and Boosting the Performance of Your OpenGL ES Graphics.
- If all that’s not enough, head over to the Android site and read up on Jelly Bean Support and the Signing Process. Then recharge by kicking back with our Battery Life recommendations.
It’s definitely worth your time to browse through all the microsites once you check out the highlights. New material is everywhere!