Ever since the launch of BlackBerry 10 on January 30th, momentum for the BlackBerry 10 platform has been explosive – BlackBerry World currently has over 100,000 apps and games and is growing every single day. Now is the time to port your existing apps and build new ones for the rapidly growing Built for BlackBerry platform.
Wavefront and BlackBerry are teaming up to present hands-on development workshops to support your app building and get you prepared to submit to BlackBerry World.
The BlackBerry Jam Starter Session will take you through the basic principles of building BlackBerry apps, with an overview of what to expect through the process. After the session, you will have the opportunity to start building your own BlackBerry apps with support from on-site BlackBerry Evangelists.
Who should attend?
- Developers with an HTML5, Cascades, Air, or Android app, who are ready to port to BlackBerry 10
- Experienced developers wanting to learn more about the BlackBerry opportunity
Why develop apps for BlackBerry?
- Increase your reach to a new audience of early adopters looking for great quality apps
- Showcase your apps that may be buried or lost in other saturated stores
- BlackBerry developers are well supported and rewarded – check it out
What to bring & prepare:
- Laptop running Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Mac
- Download and install the free current versions of WebWorks and Cascades developer tools ahead of time
08:30AM – 09:00AM – Registration and Breakfast
09:00AM – 9:30AM – Presentation Overview
09:30AM – 10:30AM – Intro to HTML5
10:30AM – 10:45AM – Coffee Break
10:45AM – 12:30AM – Hands on Lab – Getting Started with WebWorks
12:30PM – 01:30PM – Lunch
01:30PM – 02:30PM – Intro to Cascades
02:30PM – 02:45PM – Coffee Break
02:45PM – 04:30PM – Hands on Lab – Getting Stared with Cascades
04:30PM – 05:00PM – Wrap Up and Prize Draws
Fee: $25 + HST, includes breakfast, lunch and refreshments.
Tuesday, April 16th, 2013
8:30am to 5:00pm
405 Ogilvy Avenue
Montreal, QC, H3N 1M3
Thursday, April 18th, 2013
8:30am to 5:00pm
1800 Argyle Street, Suite 101
Register now to learn how you can develop cutting edge BlackBerry apps that will increase your reach and grow your revenue.