Have you published a BlackBerry 10 application that uses bbUI.js? If so, we have an important message that requires your attention: ensure your application is using bbUI.js version 0.9.6.113 or higher in order to properly support the upcoming version 10.1 of the BlackBerry 10 operating system.
It has been discovered that bbUI.js version 0.9.5 has a rendering issue when run on BlackBerry 10.1. The device was not being accurately detected and as a result, application content was not being rendered to the screen correctly.
A fix for this issue was applied last month in version 0.9.6 which is available for download from Github. Developers have since been updating their applications and I would encourage you do the same if you haven’t done so already. A recompile and re-submit of your application to BlackBerry World may be required. Doing so will ensure that users will continue to enjoy your content, as it was designed, when they upgrade to BlackBerry 10.1. Note: At the time of writing, there is no ETA for when 10.1 will be published.
- Download bbUI.js version 0.9.6.
- Replace the bbUI.js and bbUI.css files in your application.
- Review the change Log to confirm whether any feature updates, performance improvements or compatibility changes affect your application.
- Recompile using the BlackBerry 10 WebWorks SDK.
- Test! Use the Dev Alpha C simulator to preview how your content will appear on BlackBerry 10.1.0.1020.
- Once you are happy with the quality of your application, re-submit in BlackBerry World.