Guest post from Luca S. – Ed.
Get your challenge hat on because the BlackBerry “App of the Week” has arrived!
C++/Cascades? HTML5? Adobe AIR? Games? BBM Integration? We have got them all! Each week will see a new set of criteria that will kick off the challenge. Starting this Monday, January 21st at 3:00PM GMT you will have six (6) days to create and submit your app. Your peers and expert judges will decide who the BlackBerry “App of the Week” winner is. Each week the winner will receive rewards for participating in our challenge!
The rules are simple: register as a participating developer or development group and keep an eye on the weekly challenge. If you like it, simply apply for the current week and start coding!
Do you want a sneak peek of what a contest week may look like?
- Cascades App
- Using the share functionality
- Integrating video streaming
- WebWorks App (HTML5) or PhoneGap
- BlackBerry 10 look and feel (BlackBerry 10 JQM or bbUI.js)
- Invoke the camera
You start with the pointers and evolve your app into something awesome that will give you a chance to win first prize!
So let’s summarize this:
- Go to http://www.blackberryjamapps.com and register your developer profile at any time and link it to your BlackBerry World vendor profile (if you have one).
- Check on Monday after 3PM to see what we have chosen as the ‘App of the Week ‘ challenge. If you like it, simply log in and apply for it.
- You will then have until the following Sunday to create and upload your application. Don’t forget to upload 3 screenshots as well.
Yes – it really is that easy! From Sunday 9 PM onwards, your peers will be able to vote based on the description and the screenshots you provided. When you submit the application let us know what technology you are using: NFC, Bluetooth, Cascades, OpenGL, OpenAL etc. The cooler the features you use, the higher your chance of winning.
And since we want to really reward those who create something outstanding, our #NFCGuys, Martin Woolley and John Murray, have decided to award a special prize for ‘Best use of NFC’ in an app submitted this month. There will be some extra prizes for people who go the extra mile with good quality apps and great integration…a BlackBerry device may be waiting around the corner for you!
Make sure to check the Terms and Conditions available online at http://blackberryjamapps.com/terms-dev/ and register ASAP. Remember: you can only apply for a weekly contest from Monday 3PM to Tuesday 3PM GMT. Don’t miss this opportunity!