Recently we posted about the upcoming rollout of our developer properties login upgrade program to using BlackBerry® ID. Today we’re announcing that we’ve launched the first phase.
As we mentioned in the previous blog post, this will affect BlackBerry® Jam Zone, as well as our friends over at BlackBerry® Beta Zone. Existing accounts tied to your Jam Zone account login, like bug tracker, Developer Support Forums, and the Rewards system, will automatically be upgraded.
If you have a BlackBerry® smartphone or BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet, you likely already have a BlackBerry ID. It’s what you use to purchase apps or set up your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet. Eventually, that will become your single login for all BlackBerry properties.
To reiterate from the previous blog post, as of today, when you log in to your Jam Zone account, you will be asked which login you want to use: Jam Zone (old system) or BlackBerry ID (new system).
To make the transition as smooth as possible, please review the following scenarios before attempting to log into Jam Zone:
If you are new to BlackBerry and do not yet have a BlackBerry ID or Jam Zone account…
1. Go to:
2. Create a new account.
3. Follow the instructions to confirm the address you entered as your BlackBerry ID username is a valid email address.
If you have a BlackBerry ID account but have NOT YET confirmed it…
1. Look in your email inbox for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org. (Check your spam filter if you can’t find it.)
2. Read the email and complete the instructions to confirm the address you entered as your BlackBerry ID username is a valid email address.
If you are not sure that you have a BlackBerry ID or that it is confirmed…
1. Go to:
2. Enter your email address and click Sign in.
a. If you see a message that the account does not exist, please follow the steps listed above for those who do not yet have a BlackBerry ID account.
b. If you see a message that the account exists but has not been verified, please follow the steps listed above for those who have an account but have not yet verified it. Attempting to sign in will automatically re-send the verification email to you.
c. If you are able to login, then you have an account and it is already verified. At this point, please logout and continue with the steps below to link your BlackBerry ID and Jam Zone accounts.
Once you’ve completed these steps, or if you already have a verified BlackBerry ID account and choose to login with it…
1. Go to:
2. Login with your BlackBerry ID account.
3. You will be asked if you would like to have a new Jam Zone profile created and linked automatically, or if you would like to link your BlackBerry ID to an existing Jam Zone profile.
4. If you want to link to an existing Jam Zone profile, you will need to enter those credentials after choosing this option to complete the linking.
5. You’re now logged in with BlackBerry ID and your accounts are linked. You will continue to log in with BlackBerry ID in the future.
If you have a Jam Zone account and choose to login with it…
1. Go to:
2. You will be asked to either create a BlackBerry ID account if you don’t already have one, or link to your BlackBerry ID account if you do have one.
3. Complete the on-screen instructions to link your JamZone account with your BlackBerry ID account.
4. You’re now logged in with BlackBerry ID. You will continue to log in with BlackBerry ID in the future.
If none of those options works for you, please have a look at this FAQ.
If you experience any issues linking your accounts, please first clear your browser cache. If you continue to encounter issues, contact us through the Developer Support Forums using your previous forum login.
You will now be able to log in to Jam Zone, the Developer Support Forums (through Jam Zone*), Issue Tracker, and Rewards using your BlackBerry ID. You will also be able to change your account’s email address, and soon, joining webcasts will be easier as well. Additional phases of the project will launch in the future to continue improving your online BlackBerry developer experience.
* Please note that if you log into the Developer Support Forums directly, and not through Jam Zone, you will still need to use your previous forum login.