We know you need samples to learn from, borrow from, and modify. During the BlackBerry® 10 Jam in Orlando, we released many samples to help you start building for BlackBerry 10. More samples are in the queue but I wanted to give you a summary of the ones available today.
All code samples have been released under Open Source. Most of them use Apache Software License 2; a few use other licenses for different reasons.
Cascades™ – Samples released include:
- Cascades-Samples: This repository has most of the official Cascades samples. The samples come directly from the team designing Cascades and are infused with that TAT ‘style’. There are 15 samples. Samples were highlighted during the Super Jam session (video).
- Cascades-Community-Samples: These samples are contributions from the community. The first contribution corresponds to the demo from Macadamian presented during the Super Jam session. The demo shows how to integrate OpenGL with Cascades (video).
BlackBerry 10 Native SDK – Samples released include:
- Native SDK – Samples: The next branch of this repository now has the native samples for the BlackBerry 10 Native beta.
- Scoreloop™ – Samples: This repository contains a single example that shows integration of Scoreloop with the BPS Event System in the BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet.
- Gameplay: The game framework includes a samples directory. When Gameplay 1.2 was released, new samples were released too.
HTML5 – Samples released:
- PictureWall: This sample application shows how to display a collection of pictures onto a “wall” of BlackBerry PlayBook tablets.
- bbUI.js: The update to this HTML5 library also includes additional samples. Also see the blog post introducing bbUI.js.
- jQuery-Mobile-Samples: This repository is being used to contribute to the jQuery Mobile Cookbook project.
Want to learn more? Check out the schedule for the BlackBerry 10 Jam RoadShow.