Since the launch of the BlackBerry® WebWorks™ platform, we’ve heard firsthand from developers that it’s a powerful development approach that is designed to make it easy to build web applications for BlackBerry smartphones and the BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet. Proving how important web development is for mobile devices, this year’s BlackBerry® DevCon Americas 2011 puts mobile web development in the spotlight. There’s an exciting range of sessions, labs, training and not-to-be missed learning opportunities for anyone involved in developing mobile web apps.
This year, we’re offering over 25 sessions and two labs that are all about mobilizing web content. Key sessions focus on:
- HTML developers reusing web assets for developing mobile apps (DEV 51)
- How BlackBerry is using its latest web technologies like the BlackBerry® WebWorks™ SDK, BlackBerry® WebKit™, Alice JS and Ripple on GitHub to design better apps (DEV56)
- Learn how to monetize your apps with BlackBerry Application Platform Services such as the BlackBerry® Payment Service and the BlackBerry® Advertising Service (DEV50)
- Meeting web industry leaders such as Assanka, Dojo, jQuery, PhoneGap, and Sencha.
- Discuss the future of mobile web applications and how frameworks such as the BlackBerry WebWorks Platform are positioned to help (DEV48) with a knowledgeable panel, including representatives from Assanka, Nitobi Software Inc. and uxebu Consulting Ltd. & Co. KG.
If you want to come away with skills you can put into action right away, sign up for a new training course, Develop for the BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet Using BlackBerry WebWorks. This is a great way to speed up your learning curve. The course is offered on Monday, October 17 from 9 AM to 5 PM and costs $499 USD.
Mobile web developers have a lot to look forward to at this year’s BlackBerry DevCon Americas 2011, including receiving a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet with registration! This is your opportunity to kick start development for your next big application. Make sure you don’t miss out on this exciting offer – register for BlackBerry DevCon now.