The winners of the Most Addictive Social App using the BBM™ Social Platform have been announced by the BlackBerry Partners Fund at BlackBerry DevCon Americas. These apps showcase the power of the BBM platform, and how you can use it to add engaging, social elements to BlackBerry® smartphone applications. Congratulations to these developers and thanks to everyone that participated in the challenge! We look forward to seeing more of your BBM connected apps in the future!
- Grand Prize Winner – SeaBattleSE (Vendor: Toysoft Development Inc)
- First Runner-up – AP Mobile World Edition (Vendor: The Associated Press)
- Second Runner-up – Jingu (Vendor: Jingu Apps Inc.)
- Grand Prize Winner - MTV Nightfinder (Vendor: Consultora Eudaimonia SRL)
- First Runner-up – Social Game Center (Vendor: Walkover)
- Second Runner-up – Navita Translator (Vendor: Navita Tecnologia)
Europe, Middle East and Africa:
- Grand Prize Winner – Wikitude (Vendor: Wikitude GmbH)
- First Runner-up – FancyTran (Vendor: FancyApps Limited)
- Second Runner-up – GPSLogger II – The free AIO GPS Solution (Vendor: Matthias Marquardt)
- Grand Prize Winner – Cricket with Friends (Vendor: Synqua Games)
- First Runner-up – Menoo (Vendor: PT Elasitas Multi Kreasi)
- Second Runner-up – GiftnTake – Personalized Gifts for your Social Friends (Vendor: Risto Mobile Solutions Pte Ltd)
In addition, the BlackBerry Partners Fund has recognized the following applications in North America and Latin America to receive a Recognition Award in the categories below. Stay tuned for more updates on Recognition Award winners beyond these regions.
- Best B2C application developed for a customer by an Agency or ISV – QFolio – NASDAQ OMX Portfolio Manager by The NASDAQOMX Group
- Most useful enterprise application – Box by Box.net
- Best website conversion using the BlackBerry WebWorks platform – Hockeycentral by Rogers Media
- Most creative implementation of Super App characteristics – ScoreMobile for BlackBerry by Score Media Ventures
- Top Performers – Most innovative use of Payment Service and/or Advertising Service – Odesys LLC
- Academic – Most compelling application created by student or faculty – Pashto Script Tutorial by Sukhrob Karimov
- Best B2C application developed for a customer by an Agency or ISV – Sonora by Terra Networks
- Most useful enterprise application – Workforce Automation by Sensebyte Mobile
- Best website conversion using the BlackBerry WebWorks platform – La Cuarta by Patagonia Labs
- Most creative implementation of Super App characteristics – Engarrafora Vonpar by Binario
- Top Performers – Most innovative use of Payment Service and/or Advertising Service – Navita Tecnologia
- Academic – Most compelling application created by student or faculty – Fast Horse by Tiago Schenkel
Winners of the BBM competition and Recognition Awards received passes to BlackBerry DevCon, BlackBerry Smartphones and a BlackBerry PlayBook, BlackBerry Accessories and more.
To read the full announcement by the BlackBerry Partners Fund, go to http://www.blackberrypartnersfund.com/challenge.