We are pleased to announce the gold release of BlackBerry® Theme Studio 6, and want to thank all of the developers who helped improve the product by providing feedback from the beta releases.
If you haven’t been using our beta, here’s an overview of some of the new features:
- Support for the latest BlackBerry devices, including the BlackBerry® Torch™ 9800 and BlackBerry® Style™ 9670 handsets, and BlackBerry® 6.
- Support for theming BlackBerry 6 features such as graphic popup menus, plus the addition of BlackBerry® Messenger (BBM™), Facebook®, and Twitter® feeds to Today screens.
- New productivity features allow you to batch update all of the graphics in a theme automatically. You can also change fonts across multiple phone screens automatically. Also, BlackBerry Theme Studio continues to be compatible with popular graphic design tools such as Adobe Photoshop® and Corel® Paint Shop Pro.
- A Background Wizard makes it easy to add dynamic wallpapers to your theme. Options include date-based or time-based changes (to highlight a special holiday or change images by the time of day), and slideshow backgrounds (to cycle through your favorite photos).
- A new user interface lets you click on any item on the preview and directly edit its settings. This allows faster editing and a shorter learning curve, plus you can select multiple items to change them all at once.
- A new export option makes it easier to offer themes through BlackBerry App World™. The export packages all of the correct files and settings into a single zip file, ready for upload to BlackBerry App World.
You’ll find BlackBerry Theme Studio 6 to be easy-to-use, yet a powerful tool for designing compelling themes with unique graphics, animations, sound effects, applications and navigation. The new release can be downloaded from here for personal use, and from here for commercial use.
We look forward to hearing about your impressions and seeing your cool new themes!