The BlackBerry® Partners Fund has just announced the launch of the BlackBerry® Developer Challenge for 2011 and has started accepting submissions for the first Competition! This year, there are three Competitions in total. Their purpose is to recognize, reward and celebrate innovation within the BlackBerry developer community. Similar to last year, each Competition will recognize winners in their respective regions, which will give developers the opportunity to stand out from one another with local content and language support.
The three Competitions are as follows:
- Best Adobe Flash/Adobe AIR app for the BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet –now accepting submissions – click here for the Official Rules
- Most innovative BlackBerry® WebWorks™ app on the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet and BlackBerry® 6 (same app or companion app) – begins May 9, 2011
- Most Addictive social app using the BlackBerry® Messenger (BBM™) Social Platform –beginning later this summer
New this year, in addition to the Competitions, the BlackBerry Partners Fund will be honouring applications in six categories to receive a Recognition Award. The recipients, which will be recognized regionally, will be selected in the following categories:
- Best B2C app developed for a customer by an Agency or ISV
- Most useful enterprise application (all technologies)
- Best website conversion using the BlackBerry WebWorks platform
- Most creative implementation of Super App characteristics
- Top Performers – Most innovative use of Payment Service and/or Advertising Service
- Academic – Most compelling app created by student or faculty
It’s exciting to note that across the three Competitions, there is approximately $3 million US in prizes available to be won. That’s almost double the value of last year’s prizing. This includes the incentive prizes that will be given out to the first 100 submissions in each Competition. Each incentive prize includes a free BlackBerry smartphone and a feature in the BlackBerry App World™ carousel for 1 week! Please click here for the full terms and conditions.
To find out more details on the BlackBerry Developer Challenge and to submit your apps, visit the BlackBerry Partners Fund website and BlackBerry Developer Zone. I’m very much looking forward to seeing your apps submitted to the Competitions – happy building and good luck!