I am pleased to announce a maintenance release for the BlackBerry® Java® Plug-in for Eclipse® v1.3. This maintenance release addresses customer feedback on the new plug-in by improving simulator support for multi-core 64-bit Windows® 7 workstations.
In case you missed the post about the release of the BlackBerry Java Plug-in for Eclipse v1.3, this version of the plug-in provides support for the latest Eclipse version 3.6 (Helios). It’s designed to help with debugging performance and marks the start of a new way to distribute plug-ins by simplifying access and installation of SDKs. As stated in the post above, we will no longer provide an update site for the Java Plug-in for Eclipse 1.3 and BlackBerry® WebWorks™ on Eclipse, but we will keep update sites available for component pack downloads.
New features of the BlackBerry Java Plug-in for Eclipse v1.3 include:
- Eclipse 3.6 (Helios) support with a new BlackBerry Java Development Eclipse perspective
- New Application Wizards to get new BlackBerry® smartphone applications up and running quicker
- A dynamic “Getting Started Welcome Page” to provide relevant and updated information of key development resources
- Update Notification to let you know when new versions are available for download
- Improved debugger performance for faster breakpoints and evaluation
- MacOS X Java Plug-in for Eclipse feature parity
We encourage you to replace the current BlackBerry Java Plug-in for Eclipse v1.3.0 with this maintenance release, especially if you are using Windows 7. Download the latest plug-in from the Developer Zone today.
Let us know if you have any questions in the comments!