Research In Motion Director of Developer Relations and BlackBerry Developer’s Blog blogger Mike Kirkup is currently across the pond for the 2009 BlackBerry® EMEA Alliance Summit in Rome, Italy. Mike was on hand as the winners of the BlackBerry® Alliance Program’s EMEA Innovation Awards were announced. Running for the second consecutive year, the awards showcase innovative organisations in the EMEA region who are delivering compelling mobile applications and services to customers on the BlackBerry® platform.
Tasked with identifying seven category winners whose apps demonstrated creativity, return on investment and popularity with users, an independent panel of 13 judges selected the winners, who were named last night at the awards ceremony at the BlackBerry EMEA Alliance Summit 2009.
- Life On BlackBerry – Poynt from Multiplied Media, an all-in-one local search service for BlackBerry smartphones that enables users to discover what’s around them and view searches on an interactive map, watch movie trailers and buy tickets
- Entertainment On BlackBerry – 7digital and DevelopIQ co-created a music app that allows BlackBerry smartphone users to easily discover and purchase music from a seven million strong catalogue of DRM-free MP3s
- Connect On BlackBerry – Nimbuzz enables BlackBerry smartphone users to enjoy free instant messaging, social networking and other rich communication features
- Driving Innovation in the Public Sector – Innova Telecom’s solution for the Ayuntamiento de Sevilla (Seville City Hall) allows citizens to flag issues about public services and internally provides a workflow and approval solution for Ayuntamiento de Sevilla employees to address the issues
- Transforming Enterprise Business Performance – NTS developed a distribution and logistics solution that enables customers to strengthen their internal communication processes, increase efficiency and enhance customer service
- Accelerating Innovation for Entrepreneurs – Elondra’s CRM (Customer Relationship Management) and SFA (Sales Force Automation) solution provides entrepreneurs, as well as small and medium size businesses, with easy access to key business information from their BlackBerry smartphone
- Delivering Service Excellence – e-office provides a range of mobile services that include its popular IT helpdesk outsourcing solution
The winners were selected by an independent panel of 13 judges comprising of industry experts, media and representatives from organisations with large smartphone deployments. For further information on the judging panel, please visit http://blackberryalliancesummit.com/judges.html
For further information on the awards, please visit: www.blackberryalliancesummit.com/awards.html