In case you missed it, the new BlackBerry App World™ web store launched last week and we’ve been very pleased with the positive response from BlackBerry® users. And I think BlackBerry developers should be even more excited about what this means for promotion of their apps in BlackBerry App World!
Here are just a few ways that the new web store makes apps easier to find and download:
- Prominent placement of Featured, Top Free, Top Paid, and Newest Applications.
- ‘Get it Today’ option lets users send direct download links to their BlackBerry smartphones – and to friends!
- Fast navigation of app reviews and large screenshots makes the download decision even easier.
- New ways to immediately share app discoveries: by email, Facebook®, MySpace®, Twitter®, Stumble Upon® and Digg®!
- Clear listing of supported devices, countries, and carriers.
- Subscribe to BlackBerry App World RSS feeds and never miss out on a new app! My personal favorites are New Applications and Featured Applications.
Are you doing everything you can to promote your application in BlackBerry App World? Check out this article entitled “How To – Invoke BlackBerry App World from a Web Page” to help spread the good word.
Don’t forget to join us in San Francisco November 9-12 for the BlackBerry Developer Conference, where we’ll be discussing how to drive success on BlackBerry App World. The BlackBerry Developer Conference website has all the registration details!